Sunday, August 11, 2013

"Unless someone like you cares an awful lot it's not going to get better it's not"...Dr Seuss- The Lorax

Hey everyone,

Thank you should have been my title to this post but the quote from Dr Seuss was really fitting as well. I (we  I think I can also speak for John) are so overwhelmed by everyone that cares an awful lot. We are grateful, thankful, humbled and so very appriciative! !!!
We have had a challenging few years- miscarriages,  1yr of failed fertility treatments, years of adoption courses and prep (only to be taken of the list ), the tragic loss of John's sister and 6months later his stepdad, then relocated his Mom. Now don' t get me wrong but maybe this cancer thing isn't a challenge... but instead a gift. I know what you are thinking, is she smoking some of that medical marijuana? No still never tried the stuff . I just think it is different this time. With all the other stuff we took it on ourselves. We didn't accept help or ask. We thought that we could do it alone but..."Unless someone like you cares an awful lot it's not going to get better it's not". And YOU all care an awful lot, we feel that so it WILL get better. Opening up to receiving is hard but " when we give ourselves permission to receive we are being told something else as well, something even more important, that we are worthy and deserving of all the love and support we need"-from a book called Ordinary Sparkling moments. Please don' t give me credit for all these quotes I am borrowing them ( I have cancer for crying out loud I can't think of them myself...haha). We just feel so loved and supported that I am having a hard time saying that this disease it all bad. Now ask me that Tuesday after they have taken my insides, I may have a few choice words for cancer then.

I would like to share some of the encouraging words we have received:

"Just want you to know that whatever happens we will be here to love and support you... Megan Ray-Kowalchuk"
"Georgia can sleep over, whatever you need, whatever you want... Alesha Manning"
" You are stronger than you know and you are allowed to be scared...Sheri Bourgoin"
"Tuesday, your surgery date, is a new beginning...Kim Armstrong"
"Your whole life and the way you view things really changes when your health is at risk... Bev Whitford"
" God remembered my address ... Kerri Burnside"

These are only a few but just wanted to say a giant thanks for the strength you are giving us. To our family, our friends and new friends...tks XOXO
I have one last quote to share before I go...
"What lies behind you and before you is not as important as what lies within you... Ralph Waldo Emerson"

Seriously beautiful right...WRONG... what lies within me is... cancer!  haha gotcha , no really it is about what lies within you... what does that mean if they are removing my insides, I can tell you what lies within me... LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment