Friday, August 2, 2013

Ok lets hear it

So our Doctor arrives and he seems nice. His first question is... Do you know why you are here? There was a lump in my throat, I tried to say the words without crying but couldnt. I have cancer. He handed me a kleenex ( see nice, right?). Yes Kim you have sarcoma cancer.

There is silence as John and I wait for him to continue with the diagnosis. We are both secretly hoping to hear the words... Its no big deal and you have nothing to worry about. He instead says that with my permission he would like to remove my uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix, appendix and my omentum ( which is the fatty lining before your stomach). Oh and then we would like to do chemo.

Ok take a breath, let it sink in. Yes, take what you think is necessary. He says we cannot stage you until we open you up but you are grade 3. Which means fast moving and fast growing. Ouch. I then signed permission forms for surgery. Do you have any questions? Yes but cant speak yet. So off my new doctor went. See you soon in surgery, wont be more than a few weeks, you are at the top of the list and considered urgent.

John grabbed my purse and we headed to the lab to give blood. A man came and after hitting my muscles in both arms and poking 4 times on each arm we had still no blood. He sharply said please relax or I will put the IV in your hand. Oh no you wont. I had enough for 1 visit. After all I had a membership card couldnt we do this on another visit? So I left, sobbing not realizing that once my husband saw how worked up I was that he would wanna punch the guy (he didnt).

Headed home to wait and wait. We were told we would get our surgery date on Friday. So we waited and waited. Today is Friday... No call. Now we wait ( do you see a pattern starting?) until next week. Hopefully we will hear something then.

And that brings us to the title of our blog. I guess you could say our adoption journey taught us patience. You could say that BUT being patient while walking around with poison inside you is a bit more challenging.

So we start our fight and our NEW journey.

Will keep you updated.
Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment