Sunday, August 18, 2013

Goldilocks and the three bears...

So I am home and feeling mixed about it. You see I feel a little like Goldilocks ( I am looking nothing like her, I more resemble one of the bears) anyway... Getting home riding in the car was a challenge, poor John was driving like a senior (no offence) so slow both hands on the wheel. So once we arrive home I am hungry since I havent had solids in days but its all too something nothing tastes just right. Then I try to get comfortable but the recovery bed is too hard and the couch too squishy nothing that feels just right. So I think I just wanna go to bed ( aghhh my own bed) but our bed is too high and too soft so Georgia offers her bed which is too low. So the upstairs couch although not perfect will have to be just right for know.
I finally get to shower which was awesome. John and G holding my hand and washing my hair. Alot work to come home.
So I take my drugs and pain still there so I take another... Well the next thing you know I am so outta it I am convinced I am a ghost and we live in England and John is re-married. John is awake lying there and I still dont believe him. Then I say maybe I should go back to the hospital? I am going crazy. He says I hour at a time.

So today is better and I can find a spot to sit, something to eat and a place to lie. Georgia has gotton over how scary I look and is playing with friends and raiding the freezer for popcicles. Mom & Terry have arrived so John is not trying to juggle being a parent and a cabana boy. Actually my cabana boy is giving me needles and drugs so he is a a nurse too.

Thank you for all the support, the encouragement, flowers, food and help. We are forever grateful.

Xoxo
Ps... The pic is just stuff from hospital John is getting more supplies from walmart.

Our next journery is staple removal on tuesday. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are in recovery mode, just remember that road is a long one! Take it easy, getting staples out is more of a mind... than painful or uncomfortable so don't stress over it. Thanks to John and Georgia for looking after kim so well. Your loved and thought of often. Your sis and family in Cowtown xoxoxo Nicole, Beni and Boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thinking about you today as you go to get the staples out. You really ought to think of better ways to have a good time. :) More uncomfortable than painful and if you are like me I was a little concerned I was going to fall apart at the seam but I didn't.
    I should also let you know I saw your little Goldilocks out playing with her friends the other day; laughing and carefree like all little girls should be, good job mama and papa bear!

    ReplyDelete