Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Another try...

So I sadly posted awhile ago about my anger at cancer and the fact that it stole my opportunity to go out with my husband. I refused to let it win. My Mom left on Sunday so on Sat we sent G out with her grandparents and John and I went out for dinner by ourselves. I still have a hard time getting comfortable so we chose a restaurant with soft chairs ( also good food). Dinner was awesome and it was so nice going out the last time was in April. We thought lets go to a movie too. While by the time I slowly walked back to the car and spend forever getting in my seat we knew the movie would have to wait. One step at a time.
We have the choice. I have the choice to be angry (which I have been sometimes) or I can choose to just accept it and make the best of it. I choose to make the best of it.
Cancer has changed me already, not just by the inside (or scars on the outside), it is changing me. It has made me worry less... Ok well more specifically have less fear. Which is ironic cause I am worried and fearful about the cancer. I am less fearful about living my life. If you think about it I never used to post on facebook or request friends or even "like" a status. I kept to myself. But thanks to cancer ( I know weird to thank cancer) I am participating in life with my families and my friends.

Thank you as always for being such a source of strength, support, wisdom and for just being there.
Hugs xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment